- “Vacation Rental By Owner” Trop, June 2014
- “Pissing in Perpetuity” Speed Chronicles. Akashic, Fall 2011. 14 author anthology chronicling methamphetamines.
- “Resurrection.” Surreal South anthology, Fall 2011
- “Sustainability” Tin House – Fall 2010. Featured New Voice.
- “Sirenia.” Poem, Memoir, Story, Fiction, Fall 2010
- “Norman Mailer is Coming to Dinner” New Letters Winner of the Dorothy C. Cappon Essay contest in Nonfiction Competition, 2009,
- “Indigenous” The Greensboro Review Spring 2010
- “Season” River Styx April 2009. Second Prize in Rivery Styx Schlafly Microfiction Contest
- “Donkey Hammer.” Gulf Coast University of Houston, December 2007
- “Coyote” The Seattle Review National Fiction Contest, January 2006. Finalist
- “Ghosts” Fugue University of Idaho, Summer, 2006
INTERVIEWS AND PODCASTS
Vermont Studio Center Profile: Discussion and reading of “Sustainability,” from Tin House.
Superstition Review Interview regarding an essay that first appeared in Fugue, “Ghosts.”
Florida State University Student Star: Interview for FSU webpage.
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 2013-2014
- Instructor Creative Writing, Composition and Literary Theory
Colorado State University, Global 2014
- Instructor – Composition I & II
Northwest Arkansas Community College, Bentonville, AR 2013
- Instructor – Reading and Writing About Literature
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 2007 – 2010
- Doctoral Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Nominated for First Year Teaching Assistant Award 2008
University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 2006 – 2007
- Doctoral Graduate Assistant
University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 2004 – 2006
- Graduate Assistant
- Awarded Fiction Fellowship for 2005-2006 school year to teach undergraduate creative writing.
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
Ph.D, English, December, 2011
- University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 2006
Creative writing focus in Fiction.
- Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, Arkansas 2000
B.A., Applied Art
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 1993
AREAS OF TEACHING EXPERTISE
- Creative Writing and Composition
- Assist students by providing individualized instruction based on personal observation and commentary
- Recipient of Teaching Fellowships and Award Nominations.
- Maintain flexibility in the classroom, providing a wide range of literature and media to stimulate creativity
- Bring extensive range of experiences outside of the classroom and academia to any project
- Literature and Literary Theory – Focus upon 20th Century American Literature, Southern Literature, Graphic Memoir and Novel and Multimedia.